Hello, and welcome to my website.
My name is Juliet Lethbridge. I am a qualified and experienced counsellor/psychotherapist. Alongside my private practice in Bourne End, Buckinghamshire where I see indivduals and couples 18+. I volunteer at a charitable agency as a counsellor.
Prior to obtaining my qualifications, I worked in the corporate sector so have a great understanding of the effect work pressures can have on your personal life. I left that world to pursue a career in counselling and psychotherapy which allows me to use my skills and experience to help others to improve their lives.
Whilst training I also became a volunteer for victim support where I worked with victims of serious crime, supporting them through the process.
Learning, by its nature, is ongoing and I continue to attend courses on a regular basis which allow me to offer my clients the most relevant and effective support and guidance.
I am confident I will be able to help you to confront and tackle whatever difficulties you may be facing without judgement and with empathy and understanding.
Qualifications and skills:
- Certificate in counselling skills.
- Diploma in therapeutic counselling
- COSRT (College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists) qualification in couples counselling.
- Registered member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy)
- Member of the IOC (Institute of Counselling)
- Victim Support Officer
- Senior School Counsellor
- Counsellor for a local charitable organisation
- Advanced DBS formerly known as CRB
- Experience of working in the corporate world and all the pressures that can bring.
- Working with clients suffering with anxiety and depression
- Self-harm – Bucks CC
- Working with suicidal clients – Time to Talk – Bucks
- Recognising suicidal tendencies and implementing keeping safe strategies
- Recognising eating disorders – Bucks CAMHS
- Eating disorders and their treatment – BACP
- Safeguarding – YES
- Various CBT workshops (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) – Bucks CC
- Honour based abuse – Karma Nirvana
- Recognising bullying and stress in the workplace
- Mental health in the workplace
- Additional skills as a School Counsellor – Nick Luxmoore
- Working with victims of serious crime – Victim Support
- Working with victims of domestic violence – Victim Support
- Dissociation – PODS (Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors)
Juliet Lethbridge, Bourne End, Bucks, SL8 5TT